Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh Alberta 3 - Lethbridge



Day 11: Oct. 5 Lethbridge - Henotic Lounge
This is where I rip my jacket on a nail at the back of the stage. I have absolutely no voice tonight, which is a drag in place where you know a lot of people. Lethbridge is the first place that we played outside of Ontario back in June '04, and the night went so well that we've maintained a love affair with the town as an entity ever since. It is a funny town, kind of shunned by Calgarians and seems to be forever changing hands, but very dear to the BROOD.
This time a discount grocery store and the Tim Horton's beside it were shut down. much of the downtown in under the hands of entrepeneurial first time business owners. We have had allegiances with such types, as they also are main bar owners in town.
The community is small enough that you could say there is a bit of territoriality between the local businesses. I say this because this time we played the Henotic Lounge, seeming to reflect a change in loyalty, but truth be told we are still very fond of the other club owners with which we've had dealings: Jesse and Tyler at "The Slice", and Corey at "Tongue 'n' Groove. Reasons for the switch in venues due mostly to the numbers you can cram into the joint to see the show.
Hotel Lethbridge - It's only a Days Inn, but the view of the valley from within a few metres of the hotel was worthy of some pics. Shown here, my view from the jacuzzi, and some signage just outside the back of the hotel. As it turns out, we have a half hour to chill at the hotel, so I rush into my bathing suit and indulge in the whirlpool. Much needed. Today is the first day of what will be several with no voice. I blame Saskatoon (I mean myself, for staying out in Saskatoon). At least the show can go on when I can't sing, but it would be nice to be able to share conversation again, especially when I meet the parents in Victoria in a few days.





No comments:

Post a Comment